- Mining engineer with expertise in world class mine design, construction and operations.
- Founder of JDS Energy & Mining Inc., a leading Canadian resources consulting firm.
- Co-founder of Western Oil Sands, a company that was sold to Marathon Oil for $6.2bn.
- Responsible for mine design, construction and operation of the 450,000tpd Muskeg River Oil Sands Mine.
- Prior to that, was responsible for the design, construction and operation of BHP Billiton's $1bn Ekati diamond mine located in the Northwest Territories; the mine was built on budget, on time and with no loss time injuries.
- President of JDS Silver and JDS Resources Inc., the capital arm of the JDS group of companies.
- Previously with RBC Dominion Securities.
- Prior to joining RBC, played in the National Hockey League for 15 seasons and was a member of the Detroit Red Wings; 1997-1998 Stanley Cup Champions.
- Senior mining financial executive with extensive experience in public reporting, compliance, budgeting, mergers & acquisitions, financing, risk management, cash management, and tax compliance strategies.
- Has held a number of senior executive roles in the mining space, including:
- CFO, Capstone Mining.
- VP Finance, Lundin Mining.
Chartered Accountant (CA) and Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA).
Joined JDS Resources Inc. (Capital Arm of JDS Energy & Mining Inc.) for project finance, development and operations of Craigmont Industries and JDS Silver, amongst others.
Public Accounting with international assurance and advisory firm prior to joining JDS.